Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dinner for Five

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

We were invited by my nephew Chad and his girlfriend Tasha for dinner on Thursday. I had not met Tasha before, and had not seen their home, both of which I had heard wonderful things about from my sister. Tasha really helped out when my mom was moving too, so it was nice to finally meet her!

We arrived a bit before Tasha got home from work, so we caught up with Chad, and admired the great decorating job they have done!

Tasha arrived home from a busy day at work in a doctor's office, and we promptly sat down to a great dinner of Baked Ziti, tossed salad, garlic bread and cheesecake!

They have a great aquarium, and it was fun watching the fish. Tara of course talked everyone's ear off with all of her "Animal Planet" knowledge!

We visited for a bit after, and then headed back home. I was not totally familiar with the area we were in and wanted to get out to the main road before it was totally dark!

I am hoping now that we are back "in town" that we can have many more informal family dinners, and not always wait for a special occasion! It was very enjoyable!
Here is a photo I took of Chad, Tasha, Mom and Tara

No comments: