Monday, November 23, 2009

Virginia - Day One/Part Two

For Part One... go here.
After Tara and I arrived at the Hampton Inn, I called my former boss/friend Jeanne who lives nearby.  She stopped by and picked us up after an appointment and we hit Wal-Mart with her, and then headed to her home/farm.  Jeanne has a menagerie of 4 dogs, 5 cats, 3 horses, 2 donkeys, and 40ish goats!  It was very dark (I'm not used to be that far out of "civilization" where there are no street lights) and dinner time for all the critters!
First Jeanne feed the goats - the girls are very cute, the boys are very sticky and surrounded us while we walked through the field.
These are some of the girls -(my bad, I didn't get a picture of Jeanne... that's her in the background of this photo!)

The donkey's Angel and Gabriel

Lex - he's a really big boy, but a sweetie!

Tootsie


Tara helped Jeanne groom Tootsie, and we both feed them treats. I didn't get a picture of Jeanne's other horse Sharif or her mom's two horses.
After we were done at the barn, we headed to IHOP and had breakfast for dinner.  Then I nestled myself in the MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in, and slept for almost 9 HOURS.

We were on the road a little after 8am for the last 90 miles of our trip to Crozet.
This is the Hampton Inn.  I totally recommend them if you haven't stayed in one.  In addition to the "heaven on earth" beds, they have free Wi-Fi, and a great free breakfast every morning!

The drive down Rt 29 toward Crozet was beautiful.  Mostly rural, farm land.  I saw so many amazing abandoned or old barns, I would have loved to photograph... but we never would have made it to our destination!
I forgot to add a map to my Part one post... so here is the trip we made on Friday.
200 miles, just under 4 hours.  We hit lots of traffic as usual on Rt 66, and took a little detour to my town house in Centreville.

3 comments:

Matty said...

That bed looks inviting. I've been in need of a new one for eons now.

Joanie said...

I'm reading about your visit backwards, from your last day to your first.

I love VA. I haven't been there in some time. Might be time for another visit soon

Intense Guy said...

So which goat did you and Tara bring home? :)

Or was it a horse?