Monday, July 27, 2009

Fischer's Park, Towamencin Township

I need to get out of the house and off the computer for a bit this afternoon, and although it is one of the hotter days since we have been back in PA, it is still bearable (i.e. no A/C turned on at home). We made a quick stop at Freddy Hill Farm, so Tara could get a scoop of Mint Choc Chip ice cream, and then we headed to Fischer's Park.

Fischer's Park is a beautiful township owned and maintained park, on the grounds of what used to be Fischer's Pool. During the summer they have outdoor concerts, and this is also the park in which the youth athletic league plays baseball.

When I was growing up swim club we belonged was on this property. I remember summer days, packing a lunch and heading to the pool with my mom to meet my Aunt Marie and cousins, Donna and Diane. Some evenings after dinner, we would head back to the pool with my dad for an evening swim after a hard days work. Somewhere around the time I turned 10, we stopped joining the pool, as we started camping, and we did not spend many weekends at home. We would also go to this pool, and the surrounding picnic groves for school picnics. Many fond memories on these grounds, but as of this writing, not one picture to share!

We did not spend too much time today, but it was enough for Tara to realize it is a great place, and she asked if we could return. It is a park with many walking trails, a shallow stream in which the kids can walk, and you can also bring dogs to the park. I think once Princess gets through her surgery this week, this will be some place she would like to romp and play!

Here are a few shots I took today, we will surely go back and check out some of the other trails, and I will take a romp in the water as well....





The rock in the middle of the photo reminded me of a heart.

4 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

I never knew about this park...I'll have to check it out.

James said...

I'd never heard of Fischer's Park, or Towamencin Township until know.
I think I'll check it out when the weather cools down.

Your pictures have a cool look to them almost metalicish. lol

Lizzie said...

she looks so cute standing on that rock!!!
great shots, very "postcardy" :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Wonderful pictures, the waterfall shot is Amazing!! Your daughter is so lovely, Thanks, M in PA from M in CA!